Well, it’s been a long time since I updated the Culture Club blog. There’s been a big gap between meetings, but the Culture Club is still going, have no fear.
This time we’ve decided on a Mexican theme for the works we’re looking at. Why? No reason, it just seemed to fall into place when we were bouncing around a few ideas.
Here’s the list of works we’ll be reading, listening to and discussing in the next couple of months:
- Under the Volcano – Malcolm Lowry (novel)
- The Power and the Glory – Graham Greene (novel)
- The Labyrinth of Solitude – Octavio Paz (essays)
- Mornings in Mexico – DH Lawrence (essays)
- The Plumed Serpent – D.H. Lawrence (novel)
- Studies for Player Piano – Conlon Nancarrow (music)
- El Salón Mexico – Aaron Copland (music)