This Month The Culture Club Is Discussing…
May – July 2011
This month we’ve chosen works that were all published or released in a specific year: 1925. And what a year. In fact the variety of works is quite a surprise.
Here’s what we’ll be looking at.
- The Great Gatsby (novel) – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Trial (novel) – Franz Kafka
- Mrs Dalloway (novel) – Virginia Woolf
- The Couterfeiters (novel) – André Gide
- Battleship Potemkin (movie) – Sergei Eisenstein
- Symphony No. 6 (music) – Carl Nielsen